Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birman cat portraits







At least once a year I donate services to a charity . This year it was DARE NZ who held a fund- raising auction event. The lucky person who won a photography session for her gorgeous cats was Jocelynne.

Photographing cats is generally (but not always) harder than dogs. Cats don't usually sit on command and they are not "food-driven," which usually goes without saying for dogs!.

These lovely Birman cats are 14 and had just celebrated a birthday. They definately knew something was up that day... All the windows closed and cat door locked firmly. The cats were rather shy and weren't that keen on having a strange lady in their house - even if I had brought special cats treats, nice yummy catnip thingees and toys with feathers. I felt like the paparazzi following them around and I lay under the dining room table for a few frames and got some great shots. :)

I found this cat joke and thought it rather amusing and appropriate for a lot of situations. Please note:: there were No children in this session ...:) Just me and Jocelynne!